Vietnam is blessed with idyllic tropical beaches, popular among locals and foreign visitors.
As more tourists arrive, whether for affordable winter escape with family or vacation from hectic work, resorts have been developed. Although many beach towns in Vietnam’s central and southern coasts have remained untouched by developers, the same old inviting characteristics of Vietnam’s charming beaches.
We therefore list the eight best beaches in the country (as best as we could).
1. Mui Ne Beach – The weather in this area is warm and sunny year round, making it a great place to go anytime. This beach gives you miles of silky, white sand and beautiful landscape in the background. It is a great beach to go windsurfing and kite surfing.
Photo credit: volotour.com
2. Hon Chong Beach – Hon Chong Beach is located in Ha Tien which is on the border of Cambodia. The area makes a great shelter for the beach keeping the waters calm and clear. The beach is covered in white, soft sand. This is a great beach for relaxing, swimming, or just playing in the sand.
3. China Beach – China Beach is an amazing stretch of 20 miles of beautiful sand and surrounding landscape. This beach also has some history tied to it being the landing area for US Troops during the Vietnam War. The waters are just right for surfing, making it a great beach to go and catch a wave.
4. Nha Trang Beach – Nha Trang Beach gives you six miles of beautiful sandy beaches, surrounded by luscious greenery and palm trees that sway in the breeze. The waters are clear blue and calm, making conditions just right for those that enjoy diving and exploring the underwater world.
Photo credit: vietnameasytravel.com
5. Doc Let Beach – Doc Let Beach provides a white, sandy beach with beautiful scenery surrounding it. The beach is clean and the water is clear blue. This is a quiet area and is great for those that would like to hang out on the beach and avoid the crowds.
Photo credit: phoebettmh.blogspot.com
6. Lang Co Beach – Lang Co Beach is a natural beauty. With everything from the white sand and clear waters to the surrounding mountains and tropical forests, this beach is the perfect place to visit. It has also been voted one of the top 30 beaches in the world.
Photo credit: kmfor.com
7. Danang Beach – Danang Beach has beautiful sandy beaches, and a beautiful background of pines and palm trees. It is a great beach to choose for scuba diving, surfing, or just laying out relaxing in the sun.
Photo credit: lazysundaysblog.com
8. Long Beach on Phu Quoc Island – Phu Quoc Island has a feeling and look of being mostly untouched by man. Long Beach is a great beach to go to when you want to get away from it all and just hang out on the soft, white sand next to the clear, blue waters.