Easily the worst thing about flying is the food. Can’t we all agree on that? I mean, you’ve currently been pushed and shoved, strip-searched and been forced to breath excessive quantities of chemically oxygen for hours on end, but to add insult to injury, now you’re getting served what smells like baby poo and looks like vomit for lunch. Ick.
In the grand scheme of things, most airlines even now have not figured out how to give their guests a decent food. It appears like it shouldn’t be that challenging, right after all, right? It’s just warmed up food. Nicely, there are at least a couple of airlines out there that have got it right, with delicious and wholesome meals that also taste excellent. Oh, and they appear pleasing too! Because, we all know, as soon as you open that gross tin container and take your bun out of a plastic bag, you’ve pretty much lost your appetite altogether, right?
So in the interest of sparing your belly, here are the best 10 best rated airlines for very good in-flight meals.
– This Hong Kong airline is often remarkably-ranked for just about almost everything, and its meals are no various. Each and every Cathay Pacific plane is outfitted with toaster ovens and rice cookers, so points are all prepared fresh new, and they continue to keep a rolling stock of fresh fruits and snacks obtainable throughout every flight to keep your tummy content. They also serve a selection of superb wine vintages and champagne. Mmm.
– This airline has been lauded for its customer support and neatly-dressed flight journey attendants, but the food is also stellar. They have employed a panel of international chefs (such as British star Gordon Ramsay) and wine consultants to create their menu, and even in economy class, you’re treated to meals like sauteed prawns with steamed asparagus and Singapore noodles.
– Bet you didn’t know Turkey had its own airline, but they do and the food is outstanding. From options like their fresh new Mediterranean salad to the Hindu meals served on flights to India to the fresh new cheeses and option wines – you won’t go hungry on a Turkish Airlines flight.
– Your tummy will thank you for flying with this Dubai-based airline, which provides entrees such as smoked tuna and lamb marinated in Arabic spices and served above fresh broccoli. For a snack, they’ll bring you cheese and crackers and for dessert a special sticky date pudding. And this is all in economic system class. In addition, the wine list on board any Emirates flight is a astonishing mix of French, New Zealand and Australian vintages.
– This airline employs a specially-trained chef to generate all of their menu choices and they have won many culinary awards, such as a Skytrax Signature Dish award for their Satay and the Favourite Airline Food award from Smart Travel Asia. Among their offerings? Black pepper lamb shank, North Atlantic baked cod and an Australian cheese plate.
– Is it any unexpected that the French national airline would be excellent for food? Even now, Air France manages to capture a tiny of the French culinary tradition of excellence in their own on-board meals, which variety from steaks to standard French meals, all served with a fresh new bread basket. If you are a premium economy passenger, you are also taken care of to a 24-hour t buffet of deliciousness that consists of mini-sandwiches and Haagen-Dazs® ice cream. Yay!
– If there is any airline you want to fly first-type, it is Thai Airways, which features you a option of 22 diverse meals, which can be selected by way of an on the web ordering program prior to your departure. Um, wow. Economic system passengers don’t get the shaft even though, possibly, with selections like shrimp in Thai dressing with asparagus tips or beef Rendang with white rice and peas. Sounds great to me.
– How about sushi on your flight? Japan Airlines’ Executive menu (shown above) attributes dishes like tuna or squid sashimi, braised bamboo shoots, Soba noodles, although their economic climate course garlic tomato chicken or Soba noodles aren’t as well shabby possibly. And everybody gets complimentary mineral water and free-flowing snacks on long haul flights.
– This one particular was a surprise to me, but as it were, BA has become relatively nicely respected for their meals. A standard financial state course food on a extended haul flight journey consists of a clean Greek salad with feta cheese and chicken with boiled carrots, potatoes and veggies. But the real stars are the “Club” class meals, which function fresher elements and silver service, as properly as entry to a complete-service snack bar stocked with mini-sandwiches, wraps, salads and even on-request hot meals.
– Virgin America has been consistently voted as 1 of the ideal airline meals in the U.S., and its worldwide partner, Virgin Atlantic, features a comparable volume of top quality with their airline meals. How about a bagel with raspberry cream cheese, a tapas plate or a turkey Caprese sandwich? A champagne cocktail or a Hornitos margarita? Not only that, but you can order all of your meals from a touch screen at your seat. Um, yes please!
Join Our Travel Forum
Food and Cuisine Chat