10 Best National Parks in the United States
The United States of America has a myriad of amazing national parks. It has 58 national parks which are filled with magnificent landscapes and endemic wildlife.
Here is a list of top 10 national parks in the United States
- Yosemite: – Yosemite was officially announced as National Park in 1890. It is located in Northern California which is three hours east of San Francisco. It is one of the most breathtaking parks in America.
- The area covered by park is nearly 750000 acres which covers some part of Sierra Nevada Mountain range.
- This park has got some breathtaking waterfalls, exalted sequoia trees around granite cliffs which is why around 3.7 million people visit the park every year.
- Grand Canyon: – This is 227 miles long and over a mile deep which makes it magnificent. It is located three hours north of Phoenix.
- Great Smoky Mountains: – People visit this park to do camping, fishing, horseback riding, and water tubing. Around 9 million people visit this park annually.
- Zion: – This Park has a sundry mix of plants, animals, high plateaus, springs and waterfalls. It is located near Springdale, Utah. This park is mostly visited for its towering tan-to-reddish Navajo Sandstone canyons.
- Haleakala: – Haleakala was officially announced as national park in 1961. It is located on the island of Maui.
It consists of two sections
- The summit: – The summit area has Haleakala Volcano’ crater, numerous hiking trails, and a high elevation area which gives an astounding view of sunrise and sunset.
- The coast: – It consists of attractive waterfalls, ocean vistas and lush greenery.
- Yellowstone: – It is also regarded as first national park in the world. It was officially announced as national park in 1872. It is located in Wyoming. The park covers an area of 2,219,789 acre which extends into both Montana and Idaho. If you visit the park you will see some roaming bears, wolves, elk and pronghorn.
- Crater Lake: – Crater Lake national park is located in Oregon. It is the deepest lake in the country having height of 1943 feet.
- Joshua tree: – Joshua tree is located an hour east of Palm Springs, California and was also known as National monument until 1996. It was officially announced as National Park in 1996. This park is named after Joshua tree as it is covered by Joshua trees over an area of 800000 acres. It consists of Colorado Desert and Mojave Desert. Animals like snakes, coyotes, and black-tailed rabbits can be easily seen there.
- Acadia: – This Park is situated in Maine. Generally people visit this lake to see astonishing views of rugged coastline, mountains, woodlands, and lakes.
This park has got 40 different species of mammals consisting of black bears, moose, beavers and bobcats.
- Rocky Mountain: – This Park is located in Front Range of Rocky Mountain and occupies nearly 266000 acres of land. You can reach there by driving for 90 minute from Denver. People love to visit this place to view its lakes, rivers, and lush greenery. Visitors can also pursue outdoor activities like climbing and hiking, horseback riding and fishing.