Permitted Customs-Exempted Items
Passengers are permitted to bring the following items into Dubai without paying customs duty:
- Gifts whose value does not exceed AED 3,000.
- The number of cigarettes should not exceed (400) cigarettes, (50) cigars, (500) grams of tobacco (minced or pressed for pipes), minced or pressed tobacco for smoking, tobacco or mild-tasting tobacco. Exceeding the above will be dutiable.
- The amount of alcoholic beverages and beers should not exceed 4 liters of alcohol beverages, or 2 cartons of beer (each consisting of 24 cans, not exceeding 355 ml for each can or its equivalent).
- Personal jewellery for non-residents of the UAE
- A reasonable quantity of electronic devices such as computers or laptops, CD or DVD players, radio systems, projectors, portable TV sets, portable music equipment, etc.
- Special needs strollers and wheelchairs.
- Personal luggage and belongings including clothing and toiletries
- Disclosure of cash and travellers’ cheques. All passengers who need to disclose must fill the disclosure form designed for this purpose pursuant to the disclosure system applicable in the country.
Permitted Customs-Exempted Luggage
- Passenger’s personal belongings are permitted entry and shall be exempted from customs fees.
- Still and moving image video cameras with their appropriate tapes, films and accessories.
- Cash money, currencies and travelers cheques altogether less than AED 40,000 and the passenger’s age shall not be less than 18 years old.
- Radio systems, combined broadcasting apparatus, CD and DVD players with agreeable quantities.
- Agreeable quantities of projectors for displaying slides and films including accessories.
- Mobile telephone.
- Portable TV sets.
- Computers including laptops.
- Baby strollers.
- Portable music equipment.
- Sports equipment.
- Portable typing sets.
- Portable calculators.
- Disabled wheelchairs and cars.
Conditions for Exemption
The following conditions shall be in force for the duty exemption for the above:
- Baggage and gifts must be of a personal nature and not in commercial quantities.
- The passenger should not be a frequent traveler with goods on a regular basis, or a member of the respective conveyance crew.
- Passengers must be above 18 years of age for carrying allowable cigarettes or alcoholic beverages into the country.
- The aforementioned conditions apply to whoever accompanies the passenger.
- All kinds of Narcotic drugs (Hashish, Cocaine, Heroin, Poppy Seeds, Hallucination Pills, etc..).
- Goods intended to be imported from boycotted countries.
- Goods from Israeli origin or bearing Israeli trademarks or logos
- Crude Ivory and Rhinoceros horn.
- Gambling tools and machineries.
- Three layers fishing nets.
- Original engravings, prints, lithographs, sculpture and statues in any material.
- Used, reconditioned and inlaid tires.
- Radiation polluted substances.
- Printed publications, oil paintings, photographs, pictures, cards, books, magazines stony sculptures and mannequins which contradict Islamic teachings, decencies, or deliberately implying immorality or turmoil.
- Any other goods, the importation of which is prohibited under the authority of U.A.E. customs laws or any other laws in the country.
- Forged and duplicate currency.
- Cooked and home-made foods.