Booking through travel agents offers a number of advantages. First, you get first-hand advice on your trip including the destination information, best way to get there, or even insider info you may not find in many guide books. It also saves you time spent on hunting for best deals — especially when there’s none to begin with.
These are some of the important questions that should help you decide in planning your trip and possibly partnering with a travel agent for long-term.
- What destinations work well with my/our specific interests?
- Which destination is better for (surfing / sightseeing / museum visit / etc), location A or location B?
- What is the best time of year to travel to this destination?
- What’s the best way to get to this destination (with low budget / with tight schedule / with kids on board)?
Credibility of Agency
- Do you have branches in my intended destination?
- How long have you been in the business?
- Have you visited my travel destination?
- Does this ticket grant compensation if my trip is cancelled?
- What should I do if I miss my flight or lost my luggage?
- Does this ticket allow re-booking?
Agency Transaction Fees
- How do you charge for bookings? Is it per transaction or as a whole package?
- If we change hotels, airlines or move our travel dates, will you charge extra?
- Can I save money by flying another airline, selecting another hotel or flying at midnight?
- At what instance you will be charging us more than you’re currently quoting us?
- How/when can I reach you when on my trip in case of emergency? Do you have a toll-free number?
- Are you willing to be available after business hours if necessary?
- Will you do the insurance claim for us in case we got bumped off from our flights or we lost our luggage?
- Will you offer alternative plans in case proposed itinerary gets changed due to various reasons?