Needless to say, little kids need to be kept busy when traveling with older members of the family.
Fun and engaging, these are the toys need to keep babies and toddlers entertained on vacation.
1. Tablet screens. Widely available and offers a variety of game options, tablets like iPad almost guarantee kids will never get bored. Game apps, songs and videos should occupy most of their time to feel bored and start bothering other people around them. There are portable gaming consoles that feature educational games and other entertaining activities. The iPod Touch or iPad is also a great choice for babies. There are several apps complete with full-color moving images and sounds that will educate and entertain infants and toddlers throughout the whole trip. Toddlers can wear earphones so they can listen to music or play games quietly.
2. Musical toys. These are generally priced anywhere between $20 and $40. There are simple ones like rattles and xylophones and other electronic toys that play music and lullabies. Babies can press buttons, spin balls or twirl handles to initiate the sounds. There are toys that are ideal for particular age ranges like 0 to12 months or 12 to 24 months.
3. Sticker and coloring books. These also fall well within the category of travel toys. Children can color several pages or match stickers to spaces. These will hone their mental abilities as well as keep them occupied for 1 to 2 hours. These are very ideal when traveling in a train or airplane. The toddler can stay seated and behave for the duration of the trip.
4. Pillow pets and stuff toys. These toys are very basic and will keep children feeling safe and comfortable for long rides. There are several stuff animals available like pandas, hippos, monkeys and teddy bears. There are also pillow toys that feature cartoon characters. Babies like to play with these anywhere.
5. Slinky. The classic favorite will entertain babies and young children well. They can play it with their siblings or on a portable desk.
6. Board games. There are board games intended for children 2 to 4 years old. These are great for the whole family and also boost mental and computing abilities. Some of the titles are classics although there are also new ones complete with electronic devices. Some versions of popular favorites are available for young players. Here are suggestions on best travel board games you can choose from.
7. Alphabet blocks. Building blocks are proven to enhance mental prowess among young children. Even babies can play with plastic models and create towers. Toddlers can practice the alphabet.
All these games will be helpful in keeping children happy and comfortable when traveling while making adults focus on making the trip enjoyable for the whole family.