10 Attractions for Kids and Young Children in Helsinki
Helsinki is not only a tourist destination for adults, but for children as well. The city has tons of attractions where children will enjoy their vacation like they never did. Some of the tourist destinations include the following:
- Linnanmäki Amusement Park. This amusement park is one of the most popular attractions located in Linnanmuki, Helsinki. The amusement park has about 40 different rides, restaurants, kiosks, games, as well as concert stage. The rides are not for free, but the amusement park offers a “wristband” that provides an individual access to all of the rides for the entire day.
- Suomen Merimuseo. This tourist attraction is located in Tornatorintie 99, Helsinki and is hosted inside the Maritime Centre Vellamo. They showcase the “North Star, Southern Cross” which imparts the history of seafaring in the country, the maritime trade, the development of ships, and winter shipping.
- Serena Water Park. This water park is known to be the biggest tropical water park in Europe. This water park is located at Lahnus (Northern Espoo area) some 20 kilometers from Helsinki, and is known to be a family favorite in the city. The water park features terraced pools, water-sides, whirlpools, wave pools, and children’s pools.
- Sukellusvene Vesikko. This attraction is a part of the Military Museum in Finland, located at Suomenlinna Fortress, Helsinki. This is the only Type II submarine that is still intact up to the present time. It is docked at the shoreline of the Suomenlinna Island, which is near the Suomenlinna Fortress.
- Raitioliikennemuseo. This tourist destination is located at 51 A Töölönkatu, Helsinki. This Tram museum was re-opened in the year 2008 as part of the Korjaamo Culture Factory.
- Helsingin Luonnontieteellinen Museo. This museum is located at Pohjoinen Rautatiekatu 13, Helsinki. This is where tourists can find the largest zoological collection of the country.
- Sinebrychoff Museum. This art museum is located at Bulevardi 40, Helsinki. The museum features an art museum that a family as a whole can enjoy because it provides activities for all age groups.
- Suomenlinnan Nukke- ja lelumuseo. This doll and toy museum is housed in a stunning Russian villa located at Suomenlinna C 66, Helsinki. It features several collections of small and rare historic toys. The collections include dolls and doll houses, dolls in natural costumes and other historic dolls, teddy bears, toy cars, and others.
- Seurasaari Open-Air Museum. This attraction features a museum that depicts the traditions and lifestyle of Finnish individuals. Furthermore, the open-air museum is composed of 87 buildings that are scattered around the forest of the island. Moreover, the island itself serves as a habitat for a variety of wildlife. This is located at Seurasaari Island, Helsinki.
- Harakka Nature Centre. This attraction is also a must-visit destination for families that is located at Harakka Island, in Helsinki. The center offers free admission and tours, making it one of the most popular attractions in the city. The center features barracks that were built by Russians in the year 1908. Furthermore, gardens, little marshes, and seashore meadows, are also some fascinating views that can be seen in this island.