Visa-free access up to 90 days
- Australia (Effective from January 1 2015 to June 30 2016)
- Chile (diplomatic official/service passports excluded)
- Czech Republic
- Republic of Korea
- the Netherlands
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- Vatican City State
Visa-free access up to 30 days
- Passport with validity of at least six months upon entry
visa-exempt entry only applies to foreign visitors holding formal passports (i.e. ordinary, official/service and diplomatic passports), not including those holding emergency, temporary, other informal passports or travel documents.
* Japanese passport holders with their passports valid for more than 3 months are eligible for visa-exempt entry.
* US passport (including emergency passport) holders with their passports valid for the period of intended stay are eligible for visa-exempt entry.
- A confirmed return air/sea ticket or an air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure.
- Must not be determined by border officers at ports of entry in the Republic of China to be otherwise inadmissible.
Duration of Stay
1. The duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable. Foreign visitors must depart by the end of the said duration.
2. Visa-exempt entry cannot be converted to other types of visas, unless the following exceptions:.
A. Foreign visitors entering the R.O.C. through visa-exemption may only apply for converting to visitor visas within their legal stay at the Bureau of Consular Affairs or branch offices of MOFA in case of: severe acute diseases, natural disasters or other force majeure reasons, which hold them back from leaving the R.O.C. In addition, white-collar professionals who have obtained the work permits within their legal stay may apply for work visas, together with their spouse and minors (under age 20) entering the R.O.C. at the same time.
B. For U.K. and Canadian passport holders, please refer to “Notice for British ＆ Canadian Passport Holders Who Enter Taiwan Visa-Free and Apply for an Extension of Stay”.(doc檔案)
Ports of Entry
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
- Taipei Songshan Airport
- Taichung Airport
- Chiayi Airport
- Tainan Airport
- Kaohsiung International Airport
- Taitung Airport
- Hualien Airport
- Kinmen Airport
- Magong Airport
- Keelung Harbor
- Taipei Harbor
- Taichung Harbor
- Kaohsiung Harbor
- Shuitou Harbor
- Fuao Harbor