Permitted Customs-Exempted Items
Passengers are permitted to bring the following items into Dubai without paying customs duty:
- Gifts whose value does not exceed AED 3,000.
- The Number of cigarettes should not exceed (400) cigarettes, (50) cigars, (500) grams of tobacco (minced or pressed for pipes), minced or pressed tobacco for smoking, tobacco or mild-tasting tobacco. Exceeding the above will be dutiable.
- The amount of alcoholic beverages and beers should not exceed 4 liters of alcohol beverages, or 2 cartons of beer (each consisting of 24 cans, not exceeding 355 ml for each can or its equivalent).
Permitted Customs-Exempted Luggage
- Passenger’s personal belongings are permitted entry and shall be exempted from customs fees.
- Still and moving image video cameras with their appropriate tapes, films and accessories.
- Cash money, currencies and travelers cheques altogether less than AED 40,000 and the passenger’s age shall not be less than 18 years old.
- Radio systems, combined broadcasting apparatus, CD and DVD players with agreeable quantities.
- Agreeable quantities of projectors for displaying slides and films including accessories.
- Mobile telephone.
- Portable TV sets.
- Computers including laptops.
- Baby strollers.
- Portable music equipment.
- Sports equipment.
- Portable typing sets.
- Portable calculators.
- Disabled wheelchairs and cars.
Conditions for Exemption
The following conditions shall be in force for the duty exemption for the above:
- Baggage and gifts must be of a personal nature and not in commercial quantities.
- The passenger should not be a frequent traveler with goods on a regular basis, or a member of the respective conveyance crew.
- Passengers must be above 18 years of age for carrying allowable cigarettes or alcoholic beverages into the country.
- The aforementioned conditions apply to whoever accompanies the passenger.
- All kinds of Narcotic drugs (Hashish, Cocaine, Heroin, Poppy Seeds, Hallucination Pills, etc..).
- Goods intended to be imported from boycotted countries.
- Goods from Israeli origin or bearing Israeli trademarks or logos
- Crude Ivory and Rhinoceros horn.
- Gambling tools and machineries.
- Three layers fishing nets.
- Original engravings, prints, lithographs, sculpture and statues in any material.
- Used, reconditioned and inlaid tires.
- Radiation polluted substances.
- Printed publications, oil paintings, photographs, pictures, cards, books, magazines stony sculptures and mannequins which contradict Islamic teachings, decencies, or deliberately implying immorality or turmoil.
- Any other goods, the importation of which is prohibited under the authority of U.A.E. customs laws or any other laws in the country.
- Forged and duplicate currency.
- Cooked and home-made foods.