Feeling ready to pop the question but unsure which romantic place in New York City you should do so?
Then read on.
New York City offers some of the best places to propose to your girlfriend. Whether you are looking for a romantic dinner, a scene familiar in a Hollywood flick or a spectacular backdrop for popping the question, New York City offers them all.
- Central Park Marriage Proposal. We put Central Park on top of the list simply because of its landmark status and central location of the city. On top of that distinction, Central Park offers multiple locations where proposals can be made:
- The Loeb Boathouse offers Venetian gondola rides complete with classic arias aimed to set the mood for that once-in-a-lifetime offer.
- The Carousel at 64th Street remains one of the most popular attractions in Central Park.
- Stroll around Shakespeare Garden and eventually pop the question within the vicinity of Belvedere Castle Terrace.
- Sunset wedding proposals work best at Bow Bridge where you can coordinate with a photographer to capture that special moment.
- Brooklyn Bridge Marriage Proposal. The Brooklyn Bridge offers one of the most scenic views of the city off such structure. A pedestrian walkway should be safe enough to get down on one knee and propose to your girlfriend. One romantic wedding proposal on Brooklyn Bridge involved strangers handing balloons to a lucky woman, leading to that inspiring scene where her boyfriend eventually asked her to marry him.
- The Empire State Building Marriage Proposal. If you’re into Hollywood movies with romantic twist, this place is a perfect venue for a real-life wedding proposal. This venue has a long history of romance, playing an important part in many movies – including “Sleepless in Seattle”, “An Affair To Remember” and “The Affair”. You may request your song to the in-house saxophonist is on the 86th floor Observatory (Thursdays-Saturdays, 10PM–1AM) when popping the question.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art Marriage Proposal. The proposal works best before Christmas where elaborate decorations offer a splendid backdrop for you to ask someone you love to marry you. Suggested places include the rooftop where musicians play, in front of the Christmas tree, in the court of the Temple of Dendur, near the Degas sculptures or the Asian room, where you find quiet surrounding and perfect ambiance for such romantic plan.
- Rockefeller Center Ice Skating Rink Wedding Proposal. This must have been a place where many movies have adopted as site of choice when it comes to wedding proposals. Ice Rink at Rockefeller Center’s “Engagement on Ice” is one of the most famous and romantic settings in New York; it set the stage for over 150 happy couples’ engagements last year.
- One If By Land, Two If By Sea Wedding Proposal. This New York City restaurant offers a cozy romantic setting. Located in a quiet street on chic West Village, it is where a diner is most likely going to see one man down on one knee and propose. Candle light, fresh flowers, blazing fireplaces and live piano music create a very romantic setting. Let staff know ahead of time to accommodate your special requests.
- Broadway Wedding Proposal. In a seemingly realistic fashion, you can do a proposal within a Broadway show — fake one, but who cares — with a company arranging it for you, from ushers, audience and actors all playing a part in making sure this is one unforgettable Broadway event of a lifetime.